TERMS & CONDITIONS
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY LEGAL TERMS
1. DATE RETENTION: A retainer of 50% of the total price is required to confirm your booking and cover Grace Mac Photography against a cancellation. This can be paid by bank transfer. The retainer is non-refundable. The amount paid as a retainer reduces your total invoice by the same amount.
2. PAYMENT OF BALANCE: The balance of your invoice is due 30 days prior to your wedding date.
3. HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official, the venue, and all applicable laws.
4. DIGITAL FILES RELEASE: The finished and finished digital image files are the property of the Client for personal use and for the purpose of reproduction and distribution of photographs to friends and relatives. RAW, unprocessed files are not provided.
5. COMMERCIAL USE: Commercial use of images is not included in this package, and copyrights for commercial use are retained by Grace Mac Photography. Distribution of the wedding day images by the client to third party wedding vendors is only permitted for the purpose of sharing on social media, without alteration/filters/cropping, and only with appropriate accredition of Grace Mac Photography. Images may not be used by the Client in exchange for services by third party vendors in lieu of payment.
6. MODEL RELEASE: The Client hereby grants Grace Mac Photography the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs taken on the wedding day. The images may be used for editorial, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; and to alter without restriction.
7. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of the photographer falling ill, an emergency, or catastophe beyond Grace Mac Photography's control it may be necessary to cancel the booking. Grace Mac Photography will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the package. Grace Mac Photography takes the utmost care with respect to transportation and processing of photographs; including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event of all of the Client's images being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Grace Mac Photography’s control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of original exposures shall be a prorated amount based on the percentage of the number of images specified in the order.
8. NON-GUARANTEE: Although all possible care will be taken to produce images of all important or special moments during the wedding, Grace Mac Photography cannot place an unconditional guarantee on the above, and cannot be held responsible for any substandard images due to any cause in or outside of Grace Mac Photography’s control.
9. LARGE GROUPS: Unless stated above as a service in your photography package, Grace Mac Photography will not coordinate a group of more than 30 guests for a photograph.
10. MEAL: If Grace Mac Photography has been contracted to cover your event for a period of time up to, but not exceeding five hours, no meal should be provided. If Grace Mac Photography has been contracted to cover your event for a period of time exceeding five hours, we kindly stipulate that a meal should be provided for the photographer/s attending the event. So as to not impede on key moments requiring photographic coverage, the meal would be best served immediately after the newlywed couple’s meals.
11. DATE CHANGE: a) In the event of severe medical emergencies, death, weather emergencies, flood, fire, warfare, pandemics, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, equipment failure, strikes by suppliers, and/or any conditions beyond either party's control causing the wedding event to be rescheduled for an alternate date, the booking may be transferred at no additional cost to the Client provided that the new wedding date is within 12 months of the original wedding date, and subject to Grace Mac Photography's availability. If the new date is outside of 12 months, it will be deemed a cancellation as at item "12 b)". b) In the event of a Client choosing to reschedule for any other reason not listed at item "11 a)" above, monies already paid may be transferred to the booking of an alternative date, minus the date retainer fee, and refunds of payments made will not be issued. c) If Grace McLauchlan is personally unavailable for your proposed new booking date, an alternative photographer will be arranged to cover your event and the images will be edited and delivered by Grace Mac Photography.
12. CANCELLATION OF WEDDING: a) In the event of severe medical emergencies, death, weather emergencies restricting access, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, equipment failure, strikes by suppliers, and/or any conditions beyond either party's control, causing the wedding event to be cancelled indefinitely, the Client will not be liable to pay any remaining balance and a refund of all monies paid will be issued minus the date retainer fee. b) In the event of a Client choosing to cancel for any other reason not listed above, Grace Mac Photography will not be liable to provide a refund. The Client will be required to cancel in writing and will thereafter not be obligated to make any further payments toward the package price.
Wedding Photography Voucher
This voucher may be used toward making a new booking for any Wedding photography package.
Vouchers are transferrable, but not redeemable for cash.
The voucher must be presented.
Voucher credit cannot be used to pay for your session retainer, however the amount will come off the balance of your package price.
Your session date must be booked and retainer received prior to the expiry date stated on the voucher.
The Grace Mac Photography Wedding Photography Legal Terms apply to all bookings.
Grace Mac Photography reserves the right to refuse to book a requested package due to an inappropriate location, style, unavailable date, or any other reason. A refund may be requested based on this refusal, and the refund request will be assessed on a case by case basis.